Followers (I'd love to have you join)

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Wonderfully Wicked And Beautifully Bewitching... Wacky Witch Hats! (1st of 5)

Last week I made a post about "spending too much money and time on shopping for craft supplies", (yes that is a thing - to much craft supplies), in which I vowed not to spend money on (or shop for) any more supplies until 4 October.  I'll have to end my vow by the 5th October because that is when Anna Griffin's new releases will be on HSN (Can't miss that!).

Anyhow,  It is amazing how much crafting you can get done when you aren't shopping (AKA surfing the internet).  Witch leads me into my latest projects......  Wonderfully Wicked Witch Hats!

I have made five hats to share this week.

 
My first hat is semi-spooky with it's black tattered shall netting cover, but ends up being wickedly beautiful.   

A Garden of Black and Silver Roses















For this hat (as well as three others) I used the 3D Flower (rose) from CTMH's Art Philosophy Cartridge.  I did these all in black hoping to make it more spooky but they just came out too pretty especially with the silver brilliance inked outer edges.   To  elegant to be completely spooky (unless spiders freak you out ). 


 I have spiders on all the hats.  The lovely glittery spiders that wobble and bobble perch on the very tip of all the hats (just a hint of creepy). 

I wrapped a polka-doted ribbon all the way up and around the rim.  Added a few more flashy picks, glow in the dark spiders, a few bats and a big bow on the back and - voila  - my first Wonderfully Wicked And Beautifully Bewitching Wacky Witch Hat!




Supplies:

Glue gun with lots and lots of hot glue ($2)
Base witch hat $1 (Dollar Tree)
Gaze black meshed shall thingy $1 (Dollar Tree)
Bats (set of 2) 2 sets - $1 per set (Dollar Tree)
Big bow $1 (dollar tree)
Flashy silver circle picks (had on hand from years past)
Polka-dot Ribbon -$3.99 (Michael's)
Glitter spider on tip $3.99 - 40% (Pick with 6 spiders from Michael's)

Challenges:

Little Scraps and Piece (Show it off Saturday Linky Party) (closes 17 Sep)
Joe's Scrap Shack (Anything Goes #156) (closes 23 Sep)
DL.ART Thankful Thursday (Gardens #188) (closes 21 Sep)

1 comment:

  1. For being Halloween, this is really beautiful! You definitely put a lot of work into it and it shows! Thanks for playing with Jo's Scrap Shack.

    ReplyDelete

Comments always welcome. This is a family friendly sight so please keep that in mind when posting. Thanks, God bless and happy browsing.