Followers (I'd love to have you join)

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Birsthday Party Stair-Step Card

Hello friends, visitors and followers,

Today I have a birthday card for a special girl who is turning 13.  Since she is going to be a teenager, I wanted to make it special.  I hope she will like it.

Cartridges:
I used the imagine cartridge Yummy for the banner, cake table, and presents.  I did use some patterns from Good Old Days & the cute little mouse hiding behind the table came from Winter Frolic.  The chair is from Love you a Latte.  Lastly, I used Best Friends  imagine cart for the balloons.






 See the sweet littel mouse hidding in the shadows behind the table.  He wants to leave a present too!


 Lose Directions: I lifted the basic card dimension from Michelleat Wandering Scissors here I did change them up a bit – here is what I use: 
Start with a strip of 5½ x 10½ cardstock.
Score at 1½, 2½, 4½, 6 & 8¼
Cut 3 strips of coordinating paper at 5 ½ length by 1¼, 1¾, & 2 in high
Background cardstock (wallpaper) cut at 5 ¼ x 4 ½ (I bent this up/forward just a bit so it would stand up straight once placed on the card)

I cut my images out at sizes that seemed to fit well on the card. 

 Other Supplies: 
Pop-dots,  1 Action Wobble, Smooch pearlized accents, glitter pen, sentiments form Emma’s My Creative Time (polka-dot-surpriseset), some thread (on the balloon strings), tape runner, Xyron, inks.  Letters on the banner I stamped with an old alphabet set (don’t know who it’s from). Paper die cut numbers that I have had forever (#13). Background Wallpaper is from DCWV Citrus matstack

 Of Interest:
I used my first Action Wobble (on the present with the #13) – love it!  I ordered mine from PeachyKeen stamps at 25 for $10.49, but I also saw them on Amazon and Ebay.

I cut the chair out in triplicate and in different shades, removed inner legs on one image, and bent it to give it a 3D look – it even casts a shadow.



I cutout some of the presents and bows twice and pop dotted them for more dimension.

I am really pleased with how this turned out – this was my first step card!


God Bless and Happy Scrappin’

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always welcome. This is a family friendly sight so please keep that in mind when posting. Thanks, God bless and happy browsing.